Have you been breached?
Our 24-hour incident response experts will provide instant advice on how to deal with a breach.
24/7 Cyber Incident Response Hotline
+44 161 209 5148 or CIRT@nccgroup.trust
A cyber incident and the subsequent response process is complex and challenging, and the first steps that you take in reacting to an incident will determine the severity of the impact on your business. For this reason, it is crucial to get the right support as soon as possible in the event of an incident.
Our incident response investigators are on call 24/7, and are ready to provide incident management and technical assistance, ranging from providing instant remediation advice to conducting detailed technical analysis. Our consultants are able to either work in conjunction with your teams or to take over the whole incident investigation, liaising with suppliers and partners where necessary.
By calling our incident response team, you benefit from:
- Instant incident management conducted by highly-skilled experts
- Complete technical analysis – including host-based analysis, network investigation and malware reverse engineering
- Broad and unique knowledge of threat actors, ranging from non-sophisticated or non-targeted attacks, to highly sophisticated APTs and/or state-sponsored attacks
- Identifying the impact of the incident on your business
- Eradication of the threat actor from your environment
- Remediation advice
- Forensic investigations
- Assistance with public relations, crisis communication and law enforcement
- Expert witness available for court proceedings
- Support from one of the largest security consulting teams in the world
Our incident response is also available as a retained service – giving you preferential rates and peace of mind that your IT security staff will be first in line when they call on external assistance.
Retained incident response
Proactivity is key to mitigating cyber attacks. Our incident response retainer offers you peace of mind with experts at your disposal who can respond instantly and with a calm and methodical approach.
Benefits of retained incident response include:
- Initial telephone triage within one hour
- An investigator on site by the next business day
- Discounts on incident response training courses. The courses are designed to ensure that your staff have the knowledge to deal with an attack correctly prior to our arrival
- Favourable commercial terms. Placing an order upfront for a number of days to be used in a call-off agreement is favourable for incident response, allowing a speedy engagement and procurement process, which can otherwise be lengthy
What is onboarding and why is it important?
Onboarding is the first and one of the most important steps of our incident response process. It is a structured process enables us to familiarise ourselves with our clients and vice versa. We will introduce you to the service and provide you with an incident response email and telephone number, which you can call 24/7 and speak to an actual person. Shortly afterwards, you will be contacted by a member of the team, who will be responsible for guiding you through the onboarding process, either by phone or in person.
The information that is exchanged during onboarding helps us apply a more efficient and proactive approach to addressing the client’s incidents. Our ability to effectively engage our clients means that they are prepared and focused when an incident occurs, and are able to stay calm and take the appropriate measures, even in times of crisis and extreme stress.
When an incident occurs, it is vital that we have the correct information about our clients. Having this information upfront ensures that we are fully prepared and effective, dramatically reducing the time needed to engage with you and bring the investigation to a conclusion.